Church Street Coleraine,
North Side, 1900s
[Nos. 28 & 29 on
Griffith's Map]
|
This photograph must have been
taken between 1898 and 1906. It was taken by a member of
the Bellas family who lived across the street at the
corner of New Row. The Tailors who occupied the
premises on the left [Griffith's No. 29] were the Hill
Bros., William W. and John H. They were first listed in
this property in the Griffith's Revisions in 1898 and
they were also listed in the 1901 Census Returns. They moved across the street in 1903 to occupy the
newly refurbished and partly rebuilt former premises of
Abraham Moody [Griffith's No. 6] and were recorded there
in the 1911 Census Returns. By 1920 they had moved to
the Diamond. The premises on the
other side of the corner [Griffith's No. 28] were
occupied by a James F. Nevin (Tobacconist). He had
occupied the premises from c.1884. By 1906 the
Griffith's Revisions record these premises [along with
Griffith's Nos. 27a, 27 & 26] as being vacant. By 1909
these four separate premises had been redeveloped and
refurbished as three premises. - see next photograph.
[Next]
[Previous] |
| |
|

Courtesy of R. Anderson & T. McDonald. |
|